Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Theology?

This is an essay I found in the religion classroom at school last year. It's by a Year 8, and it's on the question: "Why did Jesus choose 12 disciples?" All spelling mistakes are part of the essay.

What was there purpose and what did how did Jesus teach them about the Kingdom of Heaven and how to peach the word of God? But why did he chose 12 disciples? Why not 27 or five or any other number. I looked this up on the internet and found two reasons. First he chose 12 disciples to representthe twelve different tribes around Jerusalem. And the second: seven is the holy number, three is the number of the Trinity, and if you multiply seven and three you get 21, and then reverse it and you get 12! Some people thought JEsus thought like this. Jesus did perform amazing miracles that were just never heard of, like turning water into wine and calming the sea, and these acts of unbelievable power must have given the disciples the impression that this was not just some nutter saying he was related to God.

Makes sense to me. Or, does it?

7 comments:

  1. What an awesome essay. I lvoe it! I am sure Jesus chose twelve disciples because 7*3 reversed is 12.
    I don't think the number matters at all, actually. If he had chosen 10 disciples, would people argue that it was becausw 7+3=10? If he had chosen 13, would anything ahve been different, because it is an 'unlucky' number? No.
    But if he had chosen 1.5 it would be different, because there was significantly less. And half a person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better not just be some crazy nutter who says he's related to God. Because if you are...I will write an essay about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is one long theory.

    If you take my name 'Emily' and take out the 'ily' because everyone says it and I hate it, then reverse it, you get 'me' which means that I'm the centre of the universe.

    Sense, no?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If your name has 'me' in it... Who am I? Am I you? Oh. My. Gosh.

    Some say Jesus thought like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are me, because if you take the B, N, J, A, I & N out of 'Benjamin' then swap the letters around you get 'me'. Swap them again and you get 'Em'.

    You take out the other letters because they spell "B and J are in."

    Which means that you and Jono are in. You're in that box for your birthday.

    Wow, hows that for a coincidence!?

    OR

    Maybe it's not a coincidence?

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you take 'Benjamin' and get rid of the b n j a n, and add the letters O p t u s P r i m, and arrange them, you get 'Optimus Prime'.

    WOW! Coincidence? I think not!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I'm finally seeing the light! Or if you take out the letters L I G H & T, and add M O O N, then you get moon!

    Wow, the moon is like a light!
    There's so much to know!

    ReplyDelete