Wednesday, September 12, 2007

19

Today I am 19. To celebrate this nothingness year, here is a list of 19 things - in no particular order, except for whatever comes out first - I want to do before I am dead.

  1. See all the Great Wonders of the World.
  2. Visit Egypt, Spain, America again, South America, Fiji, Vanuatu, Hawaii, Germany again, Thailand and many others.
  3. See a Liverpool FC home game.
  4. See a Lakers home game.
  5. See the community Africa Aid is now supporting first hand.
  6. Finish my novel (almost one year old, two pages in ha), maybe get it published.
  7. Get married, have children.
  8. Have a dog, a pig, a turtle (preferably Galapagos), a monkey and many more. At least. If it's legal. Ha.
  9. Learn to cook.
  10. Learn to dance some sort of style I don't know. Basically. All.
  11. Perform music at a gig of some sort.
  12. Play guitar well.
  13. Teach, minister, and leave Africa Aid in safe hands when it is time.
  14. Blog more.
  15. Not get fat and lazy and unhealthy when I'm older.
  16. Skydive, bungee jump, paraglide, all of those.
  17. Break the world record for Minesweeper. HA. I've got a long way to go. My expert record is 81 seconds, and the world record is somewhere in the 40s.
  18. Learn to count.

Here are some exciting things that happened on this day in history:

  • 1954 - "Lassie" debuted on CBS.
  • 1963 - "Leave it to Beaver" aired its last show.
  • 1966 - The Beatles received a gold record for "Yellow Submarine".
  • 1983 - Arnold Schwarznegger became a US citizen.
  • 1984 - Michael Jordon signed a seven year contract to play for the Chicago Bulls.
  • 1988 - A young man was born from an egg on a mountain top, the punkiest monkey that ever popped. Monkey Magic.
  • 2007 - Walked around the house in my underwear most of the morning.

Finally, a happy birthday to these cool cats:

  • 1913 - Jesse Owens (who I can outrun)
  • 1944 - Barry White (whose voice is so high compared to mine)
  • 1966 - Ben Folds (who wishes his name was my name)
  • 1972 - Liam Gallagher (who wishes he sang "Wonderwall" as good as me)
  • 1973 - Paul Walker (who wishes he was as Fast and Furious as me)
  • 1978 - Benjamin McKenzie (who wishes the OC was written about his life and not mine)
  • 1980 - Yao Ming (who I'll be taller than one day)
  • 1981 - Jennifer Hudson (who cheated me out of my Oscar for "Dreamgirls")
  • 3057 - Optimus Prime (who is actually me in the future)

The last one may or may not be made up.

8 comments:

  1. People born on MY birthday:
    1989 - Kelly Styles (Who wishes she actually WAS born on my birthday.)
    15106AC - The guy who invented the wheel (Which is nothing compared with my invention of 'Blob')
    0021- Sam I am (From Green Eggs and Ham)
    1988- Rius Poleface. (Or was he?)
    3058 - Megatron. (who is actually me.) (Haha, I will fight you! And there will never be a winner, because there has to always be more episodes. Unless you are watching the movie. But Megatron actually comes back to life at the end of that movie. You may not have noticed him, but he is hidden in one of the stars in the sky at the end.

    Happy birthday, Ben, I really hope you've had a great day. Enjoy being the nothing age of 19 now, yes? Yes.

    Oh, and you can count on me to help you get fat, lazy and unhealthy when you're older, if you want some help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. I missed a closing bracket (")") somehwere in that comment. Can you spot where it should be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hayyp Brithady!

    You are and old, old fart.
    With your wise Asian beard.
    You ancient birthdayer you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jono: 0021? What a stupid year. AC? What a stupid era. I will crush you. If Megatron was a star, and Mufasa was a star, who would win in a fight? For that matter, what if Optimal Prime from Beast Wars fought Mufasa?

    Em: It is very wise indeed. You can call me Miyagi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wise Miyagi, if YOU fought Mufasa, who would win?

    ReplyDelete
  6. He has claws. I can imitate a lion, and pretend to roar. I think you know the answer.

    Miyagi everyday of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mum everyday of the week...

    No, wait,

    ESTHER'S mum everyday of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why do they have to be stars before they fight? And I am fairly sure Megatron would beat Mufasa. As for Optimal Prime... pfft, he is just a silly monkey.

    ReplyDelete