Sunday, September 09, 2007

Integration

I worked my first day in a potential casual job on Friday. The title was as an integration aide, and I basically went to a few different classes and helped out students that needed a little support and encouragement due to intellectual or social disabilities.

Some of the classses and students I hung out with were labelled as "difficult", "feral" and "ratbags". Their behaviour might have been a little bad, but no worse than some of the other students around them - some of who were actually far worse. Most of the students were fun to be around, and I really enjoyed my first day of work.

One of the students I was with even asked me to join him on his weekly girlfriend search. Ha. He said he already has four, and is on the lookout for more. I politely declined.

I've still got to work out if I'll take on the job, as it will require some time juggling around uni, internship and Africa Aid. It was fun though, and I could really enjoy doing some more of it.

8 comments:

  1. Haha, awesome. If I became difficult in class, is there any chance I would get you to help me? If so, I will start being difficult. And maybe change schools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That you should. I will help you, and hit you when you don't get the answer right. Ethical? Yes. But only you get that sort of special treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, sounds fun. Primary or Secondary?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awemost.


    Mmm, dairy. Today I had two ice creams. Irrelevant.

    That is cool to help those kids, I agree with Jono, except that you should come and help me i.e. do all my homework.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason, reading "That is cool to help those kids" makes me think of Jerry Jackson. Hello Mr Asian Man no I cannot call you that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would it be more so if I said 'That is rate cool to help those kids, lol'?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lololoolololollll omg I made a trump

    ReplyDelete