Monday, February 11, 2008

What Matt Really Meant #2

Firstly, Happy Chinese New Year! Here's to a disease-filled Year of the Rat. What a stupid animal to have a year after. Why not, say, a unicorn? Also, no I will not share my money packets with you. Back off ratface.

Now, onto business. Matt's second army blog is up, so... (cue awesome guitar solo/theme song) [sorry for being so slow]

"What Matt Really Meant":

Initiation week is over. It was like being in those frat initiations you see on tv. Walking on glass, getting paddled on the bum, playing dressups with the sargeant. You know the drill. Teehee, I'm so humorous. We get told a heck of a lot of information over short periods of time and are expected to use it straight away. This is done either in practical lessons or lectures - sound familiar to all you uni attendees? (PS. I couldn't resist... VVVVT VVVVT VVVVT) The big difference is that I'm at work 6am - 10pm, with very little time to sleep on the grass/couch. No, this isn't even a shot at Ben Chong and his awesome uni life. I am not jealous at all of his common room or lawn.

As a platoon we have been working hard on our marching and we are getting very close. Sometimes, if one person is really homesick or upset, we hold him till he sleeps. It's the right thing to do. PS WE HAVE JUST BEEN ISSUED OUR GUNS! WINWINWINWINWIN. We are starting to do more physical work, and I threw up on our first training session, all over Sarge. There were no dressups that night.

Things are going good here. When you're throwing up it feels like forever and is the worst thing in the world, but when you look back on it, it wasn't so bad. The worst part of the day is waking up at 6am and finding Bubba staring at me. I hate it but hopefully I will get more used to it.

All in all, it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be, but now it's gotten more physical - in training and in the dorms - it's getting slightly tougher.

Hope all is going well for everyone else.

Peace and love from your gun-toting friend. Bang bang bang.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhahahhahaaaa, love it.
    Es ist brilliant.

    I should not speak in languages I don't know very well.


    It sounds very humourous, looks like Matt is having the time of his life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wrote it correctly, my German friend.

    Matt is having fun. It seems Bubba is too.

    I struggle to not demean the experience too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bubba Waters Shrimp available yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shrimp soup shrimp pie shrimp gumbo...

    ReplyDelete