Saturday, February 16, 2008

I Dream Of Change

Two songs, both based around political speeches, both great songs, both great speeches. Obviously, one speech is much much more famous, but I like the message of the other one too. I've listened to both a lot lately. Gets the inspiration juices going. On a more interesting musical note for me, Will.I.Am. from the Black Eyed Peas is involved in both too. I like that dude.

Common Feat. Will.I.Am. - "A Dream" (Based around Martin Luther King Jnr.'s famous speech). Favourite lines:
"Dear Self, I wrote a letter just to better my soul, if I don't express it then forever I'll hold"
"With a story to tell, my eyes see the glory and well, the world waitin' for me to yell, 'I Have a Dream'"
(But also.. pretty much the whole second verse. Lyrics here.)



Will.I.Am. - "Yes We Can" (Based around Barack Obama's New Hampshire address. YouTube that too.)
Favourite lines:
"We know the battle ahead will be long, but always remember that no matter what obstacles stand in our way, nothing can stand in the way of the power of millions of voices calling for change."
(But again. Whole speech/song is good. Lyrics here.)

5 comments:

  1. I like the line from a true live song, "I want to change the world like i change my bed sheets, once a week!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very cool songs/speeches. I like the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. David: I would like to hear this song. You love True Live.

    Em: People who hate on hip hop and rap and say it's all angry and stupid should listen to these sorts of rhymes more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BC: Are my eyes decieved or was that Kareem Abdul Jabaar at the start of the second clip?? Prove me wrong...please...I think I going crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete