Monday, February 12, 2007

Just a little samba...

This is something I saw today while doing the Youth Internship stuff at church. I like most of it, parts I especially like are highlighted:

Our deepest fear is not
that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are
powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness,
that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves,
who am I to be brilliant,
gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
Actually, who are you NOT to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.

We are all to make manifest
the glory of God
that is within us.
It's not just within some of us;
it's in everyone.
And as we let our light shine,
we unconsciously give others
permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fears,
our presence automatically liberates others.

Marianne Williamson

4 comments:

  1. I love that quote/thing!
    Really hits the spots, wish I could have words like that.

    It's so true, sometimes it's my inspirationononon and on and on and on, that song goes on and on and on and on foreveeerrrrr!

    Good samba.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, my faithful commenter. I agree, I wish one day, somebody would take something I said and write a blog about it. One day. When everest is eroded and Kosziosko is the tallest, a person with the blog My Kosziosko will write a post about me.

    But I seriously do quite like this one. Mission is to find out who Marianne Williamson is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you found out who Marianne is yet?

    Reading that quote is good. I'm going to sick it on my wall, among others that are not yet there.
    I need blu tac.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marianne Williamson.

    I am going to stick it on my wall too. It's on the wall in the church office where I work sometimes. I also. Need blu tac.

    ReplyDelete