Monday, April 28, 2008

Just read...

...these two books. They are very different.

The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy: A Trilogy in Four Parts

The first (above) was recommended to me by about a million science fiction fans, even though I'm not that into it myself. It wasn't too bad.

Love: The Words and Inspiration of Mother Teresa

The second is the one that I really enjoyed though. It's short, but the message was so simple and clear, it is impossible to ignore. What is hard about it is the call of action you feel after reading it, because it doesn't ask for a grand action, just ones that would appear simple, but ask a lot of your character and humility. I won't go much further into it, I just recommend reading it. There are four others in the series - Dream, about MLK, Jr., Peace, about Gandhi, and Believe, about Desmond Tutu.

PS. Sorry CB, probably one you'll want to skip, hey? No diatribes here.

9 comments:

  1. Woohoo!
    A post about books.
    Could life be any more enjoyable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BC,
    We own the MT book, which I also found really challenging. We also have the MLK jnr book called "Dream" which is inspiring and painful to read, especially because it seems to ask me the question "So, what are you doing with your life?"
    Good reads though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em: Quite possibly not.

    Sime: K has the whole set and I'm planning on reading them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh awkward things. They are just to awkward to say on this public post but i will tell u soon. veta camp? They do occassionally involve buying new undies..i will once again leave it there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Courtney: See comment on your blog. gggggggggoooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read 1 of the mentioned book. It was good. You can guess which one. The other sound much goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm guessing you read the first one. But if you did... did you read a trilogy in four parts like I did? Have you read the whole series?

    These are the questions David. These are the questions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, no. these are the answers Ben. These are the answers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In that case, have you read all four books?

    ReplyDelete