Friday, April 11, 2008

Events

It's been a fun fun fun week. Tuesday night was one of the best nights out for a very long time. A random assortment of friends, some I didn't know until that night, but a lot of fun. We went to a Japanese restaurant in Chinatown, ate our meal in 15 minutes, then did that awkward walk fast, do a few steps of running until you realise you look stupid, then walk fast again all the way to the Forum Theatre to see Jason Byrne:

He was ridiculous funny. I actually have no idea how he keeps going with so much energy for two hours. I would pass out after ten minutes. Highlights included... extended vibration noises, putting a man in a suitcase and dragging him around the stage, lying face down on the floor, and swearing more than Gordon Ramsay.

Last night myself, K and some of her friends went to see Matchbox 20/Thirsty Merc. I actually wanted to see Thirsty Merc more, and I knew more of their songs so that was obviously more enjoyable. But all in all, a good concert anyway. Ironically, one of the best songs of the night was one I had already seen a few months ago, when Matchbox 20 played "Better Be Home Soon". Hooray for that.

Matchbox 20 "How Far We've Come"

6 comments:

  1. It was a great night out. and my sis was at matchbox 20 also.
    I also particully enjoyed the stories of what he does to his kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great pic :)
    I was at the gig too. How awesome was Better Be Home Soon??

    Wish I'd gotten the USB thingy :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun fun FUN. I don't remember what sort of stuff Jason Byrne does, but I've seen him on TV before and I remember him being funny.

    Schweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. David: I don't know who she is but, cool. All I remember is a fat lady dancing by herself and a drunk mum with a very embarassed daughter.

    Carly: Cheers, yeh was awesome. I didn't care about the USB thing, line was WAY too long.

    Em: Jason Byrne is good. YouTube him methinks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello. Your plug in veta this morning reminded me that i started a blog ages ago so i have posted another blog. i dont know how to make u a "friend" or whatever but anyway. Your posts are very funny. I am tired and am going 2 bed but have a good week.
    court.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, thanks Courtney. You're now an official blog friend. Blog more, we'll be best friends. Biffles even... I actually feel dirty for writing that?

    ReplyDelete