Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Year From Now...

Bond that flickers, dulls and wanes,
Mind's tongue speaks fire, refrain refrain,
Do they know? They hide it well,
Would kill my heart, my thoughts to tell,

Circles are strong and last forever,
A rhyme written with such endeavour,
To prove what bond and circle share,
But is this lies? Beware, beware,

What once was used to forge my week,
Now leaves me empty, with much to seek,
Those gone are ones I wish to keep,
Fire's shallow, when once what burned was deep,

It's strange, how same yet far we act,
Words spoke and crafted with such tact,
Yet barely veiled when time's escape,
Those words long gone, no longer shaped,

Fire's out, the end, the end?
Is there substance with which to mend?
Or is there even need to heal,
Is it valid that I feel?

The worst is I might be you,
Though I think not, chance says it's true,
This ties my tongue and burns my mind,
Just let it be, my thoughts unwind,

But how to let such fire go,
To vanish, clean and bare like snow,
I wish to change, to fix, renew,
Though fire's weak, the spark's still true,

Days gone by I wish were here,
But so much changes in a year,
Where will we be a year from now?
The mend, I hope, time will allow.

6 comments:

  1. i said this to you last night,
    when we discussed this and i read this.
    this makes me feel solemn.
    mainly because the things you are thinking now are things i too, continually struggle with and wish weren't so.
    this poem is so passionate, but so depressing.
    i hope it helped to write down a few of the things you were feeling.
    i am always here for you,
    i hope you remember that always.

    cant wait for disney night.
    PEACE, always.
    LOVE, eternally.
    and all that JAZZ
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I get some of this, but I would love to know what it all means. I understand that it is meant to be slightly ambiguous, and possibly open to interporetationm, but I also know there is somthing you are meaning behind it, and, indeed, I would love to know.
    Awesome poem, but.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that over time, the wounds will be mended. Friendships mean too much for the depth that once was to be lost completely. I hope the fire within ca be put out and that in time the tongue that you may have to hold back can be unleashed for knowledge of people around.
    I greatly appreciated what you and Kelly did for me the other night. It pleased me so much to see that I have two people in my life that are willing to care about me enough to share how they are feeling.
    This is a fantastic poem, so well written.
    Love you heaps
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emmalee: Thanks for your support on what I write and for me. I appreciate it greatly. You know I've got your back too. Peace love jazz.

    Jono: I've spoken to you a bit, and will continue to, about this already. I'll leave it at that on here. Love.

    Loz: I greatly appreciate my friendships, and I wouldn't let one slip, hopefully, without making an effort to see a way to help heal wounds. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.
    I don't know what write about this, except that you have an amazing way with words.

    I don't know who it's about, but I think I know vaguely what it's about.

    It's kind of sad... and quiet...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Em. Yes, I was a bit sad and quiet when I wrote this. With a little bit of anger alongside.

    ReplyDelete