Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What Your MSN Status Really Means

Online: I'm online, but I'm not talking to you because I'm sitting here admiring how big my list of contacts is. Either that, or we have some sort of history and it would be even more awkward to talk to you. Also, you might have been from that stage in Year 8 when you decided it was cool to just add eveybody's email, and ask people to give you other people's emails. I'm glad nobody is talking to me, because I hate the little flashing thing on my Start Menu, and it would get in the way of me admiring my list. I'm so popular, don't distract me. Kindly get lost.

Busy: I'm on MSN a bit, but even if I am, I'm too important to talk to you. Kindly get lost.

Be right back: I'm not at the computer - probably doing a poo - or I'm busy stalking people on MySpace. I'll probably be longer than 'right back' but this sounds cooler than Away. Either way, you've still got no chance of talking to me. Kindly get lost.

Away: I'm either dead, watching a movie, or that poo has taken a little longer than I thought it would. I might also just not want to talk to you, but didn't want to offend you by putting Busy. In any case, don't talk to me, as Away clearly has a silent "Stay" in front of it. Kindly get lost.

In a call: Hey everybody! Come see how important I am! I have a call! Also, instead of signing off MSN, I'm going to hurry through the call so I can come back and change my status back to Busy. Kindly get lost.

Out to lunch: It's actually probably dinner time right now, but even if it was lunch, I just want you to know that I'm stuffing my face. I probably have a bit of sauce in my hair and stains on my shirt. Doesn't matter, because at least I'm not here, not talking to you. Kindly get lost.

Appear offline: I'm hiding because I would rather take a blender to the face than talk to you. If you talk to me while I'm offline... you must be some sort of stalker. Kindly get lost.

... I'm so lonely...Please don't block me. Ha!

PS. So much for the hiatus.

5 comments:

  1. I like busy and appear offline. They are my favourite. Especially the bit where it says I would like a blender to the face. Wait, do I really like that? Maybe. or maybe not. You decide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love appear offline. It is so good. But a lot of the time I don't realize that I'm appearing offline...

    ReplyDelete
  3. im always on appear offline.
    im always hiding.
    i didnt have anything to write.
    except..
    you are a stalker.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jono: You do realise you are a major perpetrator of loser MSN status. I highly disagree with your status always being on Busy theory.

    Em: I do appear offline sometimes.

    Emmalee: You shouldn't always appear offline. I don't understand why. Stalk stalk stalk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree very much with the away status.

    is it sad that i did that exact thing this afternoon?
    i got sick of the computer, so i did the "away" thing and went and watched reruns of gilmore girls...

    ReplyDelete