Thursday, April 09, 2009

Tap-Ups Allowed

Aside from a few things, this week has been mostly poo. I'm currently stuck in the basement at uni writing an essay. Actually, a more accurate depiction of my location is: I'm currently on struggle street looking at some words I wrote. Struggle street does not have nice architecture.
One little thing that did make me smile though was when I walked through the busy square outside the campus centre, and amidst the one million students going to and from class, were six kids playing downball/four-square/what-have-you. Well, four playing, two waiting for someone to go out*.
I thought that was so cool. I don't even know why there were kids at uni. They were just there playing some four-square and everybody was making sure they walked around them. People in uni might not play the game anymore, but they sure as hell know that you'd have to be a major jerk to disrupt it. Respect the game.
..Can you get a degree in downball? Computer says, "GET BACK TO WORK."


* As long as that person wasn't king. Then you get, "STOP GETTING KING OUTTTTtttttttttttttt!**"
** With that sort of whiny, trailing off ending. You know the one.

12 comments:

  1. I want to play four square.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't?! Four square is amazing.

    I can actually imagine four square is in the realm of sport you may engage in. Is four square on wii?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never ever played wii.
    But if it had four spuare I definitely would..

    Four square is not in the realm of sport I may engage in. It IS the realm of sport I may engage in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about those sometimes-called sports, like darts, pool, chess, or marbles? Ha.

    You could totally be a bodybuilder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do occassionally play pool. I was not aware that was a sport! This opens up a whole new world for me!! Are other things sports? Like baking or trivial pursuit? I could be a professional athlete.

    My guns are pretty huge. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baking could possibly constitute. Matt reckons that you need to be an athlete to be playing a sport. So, as long as you put in some training to your baking and attempt to do it within parameters like time and ingredient limits (which you would naturally), then you're an athlete.

    Baking is actually on the list for the 2012 Olympics, along with egg-and-spoon races and hopscotch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in! My goodness, they're all gonna be shocked when I come home with an Olympic medal. Oh, I can't wait to get back to London! Happy.. You should compete in hopscotch, then you can come on the plane with me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm mad at hopscotch and at being sat next to on aeroplanes. People have been known to request change of seats just to be near me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not played four square for years...

    The other day I bought this awesome high bounce ball that Josh and I used to use for four square... and then this douche bag lost it in the church roof.
    And by douche bag I mean dude who nice and not annoying and ball-losing. Of course.

    That is super fun, Ben Chong. If you see them again, then join in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never called someone a douchebag. It's such a weird thing to call someone. I once heard a girl say, "You're such a douche" to her mum over the phone, when her mum realised she'd done something stupid. She said she hadn't explained to her mum what it meant. Weird.

    ...Oh yeh. Four square. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Douchebag is totally the worst insult to explain to people... been there. gross.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome. It's like explaining to your middle-aged family friends what 'Skeet' means. Word up. As in, I worded them up real good.

    ReplyDelete